Lingnan (University) College — Yale (L(U)CY) Exchange
The L(U)CY Exchange teams Yale undergraduates with students from Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, to develop new ideas related to the intersection of business and society in the United States and in China. Participants develop strategies for existing corporations based on a central theme; these strategies are finalized during the L(U)C students’ visit to New Haven in February. During the Yale students' reciprocal visit to Guangzhou during spring break, teams' strategies are presented to a panel of industry experts.
Apply to the 2014-2015 L(U)CY Exchange!
The theme for the 2015-2016 L(U)CY Exchange will be Technology and Social Entrepreneurship.
Yale-China is accepting applications for the L(U)CY Exchange now through September 25. To learn more about this opportunity and the application process, applicants can
▪ View the Virtual Info Session,
▪ attend one of Yale-China's information sessions (see dates >), and
▪ review the Information for Applicants.
▪ Six teams each consist of two Yale students and three L(U)C students.
▪ Teams examine an issue at the intersection of business and society, with virtual collaboration beginning in the fall.
▪ A visit by the L(U)C students to New Haven allows teams to continue their collaboration in person, while Yale students plan a program of theme-related and cultural activities.
▪ Teams present their final projects in Guangzhou, where L(U)C students plan a program of events for the visiting Yale students.
From the Field
"...a fantastic experience and I am so glad I had the opportunity to do it…As someone who had never been to the region but is very interested and deeply invested in Asia, it was priceless to be able to understand how Chinese students think and plan, especially as we worked together in our teams…we arrived at a more meaningful understanding of corporate social responsibility and what we hoped to see in the ideal world.” – Snigdha Sur, Yale University More >